It is stated that the first ideas to build this part of the cathedral that begins the cultural visit dates from 1732, when it was intended to expand the secular dependencies of the cathedral, especially the Cilla;
Ten years later the teachers Diego Antonio Díaz and José Rodríguez reported the possibility of manufacturing the offices and barns in a three-storey building, located in the same area of the current. In 1757 a contest was held, to start the works of the Cilla, among teachers of the guild, in which Vicente Bengoechea, Tomás Zambrano, Juan Núñez and José Herrera, who was the winner, began the works in 1760. Between 1784 and 1795 were made provisional works to be able to use the space built and in 1805 the maestro Mayor Fernando Rosales still did other works, perhaps those that allowed to lodge here various services related to the rents of the Cabildo. The current configuration of the set was achieved through a project by the architect Joaquín de la Concha alcalde, dated in 1907, and that was executed, in the part corresponding to the lower floor, between 1913 and 1917. The second walk was designed in 1918, but the death of the architect interrupted the process, which was not resumed until 1923, under the direction of Javier de Luque, concluding in 1929. The intervention that has given the present result ended in 1999.